Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PERSPECTIVE JIBATEH . . . my vista

Mount Oriel Terrace, Salone

Our street will make you feel brand-new, the trees will inspire you and there is nothing positive you won’t be able to do.

Iron stones, uncovered pipes, rocky pathways, big hearts, big dreams, cute minds and more are what you will find lurking behind every corner. From the top you have a beautiful view of the gorgeous river Rokel.

I use to lift weight with my dude, Turtle, at easy corner. Easy corner is a spot where many things happen ─ ladies stare out of despair and fellas blaze out of frustration-with government policies that drive the people nuts and still inspire them to hold the forte.

I assure you that the finest and most passionate souls in Sierra Leone are birth and breaded on the hillside. Individuals stuff with divine gall in a class of their own, that can face any class.

We never had much money but with love we’ve been rich, and we grow wealthier as we sniff through God’s word into the limelight of eternity. My residence is blaque and my back yard too ─ “24 will street”- a compound where people who believe big dwell. For us every thought that crosses our minds and every image-nation we create can be reality ─ we see possibility in the problems we encounter, and turn them to platforms for our victories in life. That’s who we are, hill-siders . . . Sierra Leoneans.

This is my birth place, you’re welcome.

I am Jibateh! Your host



Write about your hood and post it on the group’s wall, be proud of your own!



No comments:

Post a Comment